The Startups may self-certify compliance in respect of following 6 Labour Laws:
- The Building and Other Constructions Workers’ (Regulation of Employment & Conditions of Service) Act, 1996
- The Inter-State Migrant Workmen (Regulation of Employment & Conditions of Service) Act, 1979
- The Payment of Gratuity Act, 1972
- The Contract Labour (Regulation and Abolition) Act, 1970
- The Employees’ Provident Funds and Miscellaneous Provisions Act, 1952
- The Employees’ State Insurance Act, 1948
Whereas Labour & ESI Department, Government of Odisha already has a “Voluntary Compliance Scheme for Industries and Commercial Establishments”, introduced under various labour laws, vied Resolution No. 4870 dtd.30.05.2015 as part of initiatives under Ease of Doing Business. Now, after careful consideration, and in order to promote Startups, Government of Odisha is pleased to introduce a Self- Certification Scheme for “Startups”, as defined in the Startup Odisha Policy 2016. Since Employees’ Provident Funds and Miscellaneous Provisions Act, 1952 and Employees’ Startup Insurance Act, 1948 are implemented by the Central Government; the scheme will allow Startups to self-certify compliance under the following labour laws implemented by the State Government:
- The building and Other Construction Worker (Regulation of Employment and conditions of service)Act,1996.
- The Inter-State Migrant Workmen (Regulation of Employment and Condition of service )Act,1979
- The Payment of Gratuity Act,1972
- The Contract Labour (Regulation and Abolition)Act,1970
Step 2: Log into the startup Odisha portal with your startup Odisha login details.
Step 3: On the dashboard – Click on the ‘Apply for Self-Certification’ link
Step 4: Choose the appropriate form from the drop-down menu Step 5: Fill the form with relevant details, upload your signature and click on ‘submit’ button. Step 6: After successful submission, an acknowledgement message will be displayed on the page. You can take a screenshot of the same for records. An confirmation email will also be sent to your registered email id. Step 7: After successful processing of your application at the concerned department, you will receive the official acknowledgement on email as well as can download the same by logging in to the startup Odisha web portal. Under Central Government Laws: Step 1: Click on ‘Apply under Central Govt’ button bellow which will redirect you to the Shram Suvidha portal. Step 2: Follow the instructions given on the portal to submit self-certification applications under the Central Government Laws. Download Notification Application for Self Certification Under Central Government Under State Government