- Odisha has a large network of public and private entrepreneur supporters, accelerators and incubators. The state provides access to pitch competitions, investment funds, collaborative research centres and much more to unleash the potential of startups
- The World Bank in its 2009 "Doing Business - Subnational reports for India ranks" Bhubaneswar at number 3 in terms of ease of doing business. It ranks the city 5th in terms of ease of starting a business, 1st in ease of exporting & importing and 5th in terms of ease of closing a business. GIREM ranks Bhubaneswar 6th among Indian cities as a suitable business destination
- Tholons ranked Bhubaneswar at 54th in the list of top 100 outsourcing destinations in the word in 2013
- As per Hindu Business line, “Orissa attracted the maximum interest from domestic and international investors among all Indian states between January 2008 and May 2012.”
Odisha is fast becoming a hub for a variety of industries such as food processing, ESDM, Textiles, Chemicals, Plastics & Petrochemicals, Information & Technology, Ancillary and Downstream Industries. The state has developed an excellent industrial infrastructure. Some of the main industry clusters are located at Bhubaneswar, Angul, Paradeep, Gopalpur, Kalinganagar, Jharsugudda. For further details visit Invest Odisha
- Knowledge Companies
- Major Indian ICT & Software development firms such as Infosys, Tech-Mahindra, TCS, Wipro, Mindtree along with local Odisha based companies like Mindfire, Tcubes, Tatwa, Tcube, make Odisha an IT hub of East India.
- Bubaneswar is the HQ of East Coast Railway (ECOR) and various private and public sector companies such as Navaratna NALCO and Dhamara Port Company Ltd
Universities and Educational Institutions
- What sets Odisha apart is its rise to prominence as one of India’s premier education hub. Odisha has the star quartet of IIT, IIM, AIIMS and NISER. Additionally, it is the home of Xavier University and XIMB
- Skilled Manpower
- Odisha has a large pool of skilled workforce. The state produces 1,26,000 technical manpower per annum from 773 technical training institutions
Bhubaneswar & Rourkela have been selected to be developed as Smart Cities. Bhubaneswar ranked first among all cities in India for the Smart City mission. At the Barcelona Smart City Expo, Bhubaneswar came at fourth place amongst all global cities.
Bhubaneswar has prepared its Smart City plan with a comprehensive citizen-driven approach.
Bhubaneswar is connected via direct flights to all the major cities in India including Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, Chennai, Bangalore, Hyderabad, Visakhapatnam, and Coimbatore. The Bhubaneswar airport has been declared as an International Airport and has a direct international flight connectivity to Kuala Lumpur. Efforts are on to extend direct connectivity to other international destinations.
Under the UDAN Scheme Rourkela, Jharsuguda, Jeypore & Utkela would soon get flight connectivity
Odisha has a 480 kms long coastline with major ports like Paradeep, Dhamra & Gopalpur
Major cities/towns of Odisha are well connected through train services. The headquarters of the East Coast Railways is located in Bhubaneswar
Bhubaneswar, being the educational hub of the Eastern region, provides access to several reputed schools (Including International Schools), colleges and research facilities. Bhubaneswar is also slowly emerging as the Health destination of the East with several government and corporate hospitals including AIIMS, Apollo, AMRI, CARE, LV Prasad Eye Institute etc. Besides the city also boasts of a vibrant hospitality sector with several malls, hotels and restaurants.
With abundant water bodies, tranquil beaches and 34% of forest cover, Odisha is one of the most environment friendly states of the country and offers incredible destinations for tourism. State has excellent sports facilities. Bhubaneswar has been chosen as the venue for the Asian Athletics Championship and the Hockey World Cup in 2017 & 2018 respectively.
All major telecom operators including Airtel, Vodafone, Jio, Idea have 4G connectivity in major cities of Odisha.
In a bid to digitally empower the people of the state, Hon'ble Chief Minister has recently announced an initiative arrangements to provide high-speed internet connection to all Gram Panchayats in the next three years.