A. IPFC at CTTC
The Intellectual Property Facilitation Centre (IPFC) for MSMEs/Startups has been established at CTTC in the year 2015-16, sponsored by Development Commissioner (MSME), Ministry of MSME, Govt. of India. The Centre aims at helping MSMEs/Startups in promoting innovation, niche products/ services. It also registers MSMEs/Startups for filing of IP Tools in a cost effective manner backed by the incentive schemes of Government of India. IPFC for MSMEs/Startups is equipped with world class software lab having accessibility to global search sites and the latest IP management software, to view online status with passwords protected. IPFC for MSMEs/Startups maintains confidentiality and non-disclosure of details submitted by members.Contact Details Dr. S.K.Kar Head IP Facilitation Centre (IPFC) Central Tool Room & Training Centre (CTTC) B-36, Chandaka Industrial Area Patia, Bhubaneswar-751024, Odisha Ph : 0674-3011704, Cell : 9937011777 Website : www.cttc.gov.in E-mail : email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org Read More: http://www.cttc.gov.in/report/ipfc%20program/IPFC_Brochurejun16.pdf
B. IPFC at Startup Secretariat
Institute of Entrepreneurship Development, Odisha (Startup Secretariat) in association with the Ministry of Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises (MSME) Govt. of India, has setup an (IPFC) Intellectual Property facilitation Centre at Institute of Entrepreneurship Development, Bhubaneswar to guide MSMEs/Startups and Startups in the matter of utilizing IP tools. The Centre is supported by the Development Commissioner under the Programme “national Manufacturing competitiveness Programme (NMCP)”. The Centre is working for creating awareness about IPR amongst MSMEs/Starups and is equipped to provide facilities to them in IPR.
Mission of IPFC
- Improve awareness of Intellectual Property Rights through seminars/workshops/IP Campaigns.
- Provide access to IP related resources.
- Assist MSMEs/Startups and Startups by providing cost effective IP related services.
- Technical expertise
- Legal Expertise
- Modern Infrastructure
- Training Programmes
- Conference room
- Access to IP database
- Telephone: 0674 – 2585609
Assistance to Start Ups for Patent Registration, Trademark and Quality Certification
As per Odisha Startup Policy 2016, registered startups under the Startup Odisha initiative have the opportunity to avail assistance for patent registration, trademark, and quality certification as per the guidelines laid down in the Industrial Policy 2015.
- Reimbursement of 50% of expenditure incurred in obtaining Trade Mark subject to a maximum of 25,000 Indian rupees
- Applicable for startups where fixed capital investment has commenced on or after 24.11.2016 and gone into production within 3 years from the date of starting first fixed capital investment
- Claim to be submitted within one year of obtaining the Trade Mark.
- Start-ups are encouraged to file patents for the products of their research and development and State will provide assistance to entrepreneurs for Patent and Intellectual Property Right provisions @ 100% of the registration cost up to a maximum of 10 lakh Indian rupees (cumulative per startup)
- Claim to be submitted within one year from the date of obtaining Patent IP Right registration
- Assistance on obtaining quality certification from Nationally and Internationally recognized institutions and its renewal for next consecutive two years i.e. for a period of 3 years from the date of commencement of production @ 100% of the quality certification charges up to a total maximum limit of 3 lakh Indian rupees (cumulative per startup)
- Claim to be submitted within one year from the end of each financial year on obtaining quality certification/renewals.
The application form has to be duly filled within the stipulated time and submitted (along with required documents) to the District Level Committee (DIC) for evaluation and final sanction. The contact details of DICs can be found at the link (http://diodisha.nic.in/Contact_DIC.htm )
A copy of the application and supporting documents (if shared on email) should be shared with Director, Industries (email@example.com) and Start-Up Odisha (firstname.lastname@example.org)
It is our endeavor to encourage innovation and support startups to take their ideas to the next stage. Since Startup Odisha is coordinating with DICs and Directorate Industries for speedy clearance of cases batch wise, we would request eligible startups to apply before April 30, 2019.