- Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology has launched a scheme, Support for International Patent Protection in E&IT to provide financial support to MSMEs and Technology Startup units for international patent filing to encourage innovation and recognize the value and capabilities of global IP along with capturing growth opportunities in ICTE sector.
- In addition, to sensitize and create IP awareness and to disseminate the scheme among stakeholders, a scheme to support IPR awareness is also proposed as the second component of the scheme.
- SIP-EIT is a scheme initiated by DeitY for providing financial support to Startups and MSMEs to strengthen their competitiveness through innovation and its protection.
Concerned Ministry; Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology
- Financial support for international filing in the Information Communication Technologies and Electronics sector. Reimbursement upto maximum of Rs 15 Lakhs per invention or 50 % of the expenses incurred in filing patent, whichever is less will be provided.
- The applicant can apply for the support at any stage of international patent filing. However, reimbursement will only be applicable to expenditures incurred from the date of acceptance of complete application by DeitY subject to approval of competent authority.
- In respect of ownership of the patent, the application filed in the name of owner may also be considered and the applicant may be asked to assign it to the company after DeitY’s approval to provide support under SIP-EIT-II scheme, however the individual at the time of applying under SIP-EIT-II scheme must be an existing employee or should be in the Board of Directors of the company.
- One application for foreign filing in all countries for a particular invention will only be considered under the scheme.
- This is a pure grant subject to approval by DeitY and no stake in the supported patent is envisaged under the scheme.
For detailed eligibility conditions, process of reimbursement, application form please visit http://www.ict-ipr.in/sipeit/IPRForm
To Know more about the Scheme;
Click here to apply;http://www.ict-ipr.in/sipeit/IPRForm
Visit their Website ;https://www.meity.gov.in/
Brochure of Support International Patent Protection in Electronics and IT; http://www.ipface.org/pdfs/Brochure_SIPEIT.pdf