- The Odisha MSME policy has been approved by the State cabinet in its 33rd meeting on 22 November 2016.
- The policy enhances the capital investment subsidy to MSMEs and lays special emphasis on development of Entrepreneurs among SC/ST, differently abled persons and Women across the State.
- Also additional capital investment subsidy has been announced for Micro & Small Entrepreneurs setting up enterprises in the “industrially backward districts”.
To make Odisha –“a destination of choice”
The objectives of the policy are to:
- Encourage new manufacturing capacity based on improved competitiveness.
- Provide a conducive eco-system for promotion and growth of MSMEs in potential sectors.
- Provide opportunities to local entrepreneurial talent.
- Maximize avenues of employment generation for the youth.
- Facilitate MSMEs in accessing domestic and export markets.
- Make concerted efforts for revival of sick enterprises.
- Make focussed efforts for sustainable, inclusive & balanced growth.