The Odisha Tourism policy envisages an aggressive, dynamic and long term approach to achieve the growth potential in tourism by initiating identified policy measures, framing the required statutory framework, ensuring large scale investment support through professional management and private participation, establishing the required synergies among various sectors through appropriate institutional arrangements and focused intervention for improvement of value and quality in tourism sector.
Concerned Department; Department of Tourism, Govt of Odisha
To develop Odisha as the supreme tourist destination and to place it prominently on the domestic and global tourism map.
- To promote Sustainable & Green Tourism with a view to create employment opportunities and to bring about socio-economic benefits to the community.
- To preserve, enrich and promote Odisha’s unique cultural heritage, natural resources and environment with a view to achieve inclusive development; addressing the regulatory & 4 tourism promotion/ development functions in Private Public Partnership (PPP) mode at all levels in an effective & well-co-ordinated manner
- To promote Odisha as one stop destination to experience its great history, culture society and natural beauty so as to boost foreign & domestic tourist arrival in the State.
- To promote circuit tourism in association with other States of the Eastern Zone of the country to facilitate easy arrival and movement of the tourist. e. To upgrade skill & professionalism and promote employment opportunities in tourism sector.
- To promote digital tourism.
- To promote responsible tourism and develop tourism products in an environment friendly manner.
- To promote barrier-free tourism.
- To promote;
- Beach Tourism,
- Eco Tourism
- Buddhist Tourism
- Heritage Tourism
- Religious Tourism
- Knowledge Tourism
- Medical Tourism
- Travel Tourism
- Caravan Tourism
- Wellness Tourism
- Cruise Tourism
- Sand Art Tourism
- Adventure Tourism in a mission mode
Download Pdf; https://dot.odishatourism.gov.in/sites/default/files/Odisha%20Tourism%20Policy%202016.pdf
Amendment of provisions of the Tourism Policy-2016 ;https://dot.odishatourism.gov.in/sites/default/files/Amendment%20of%20provisions%20of%20the%20Odisha%20Tourism%20Policy-2016.pdf
Visit Website for more details;https://dot.odishatourism.gov.in/